Livingston County Clerk
6 Court St - Room 201
Geneseo NY 14454
James A. Culbertson, County Clerk
The County Clerk is an elected official who serves as the Clerk of the State
Supreme and County Courts and is responsible for providing files, records,
and indexes of papers in legal actions and proceedings. The Clerk also maintains
judgement dockets and records of monies paid or ordered to be paid to Court.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC?
In addition to Court duties, various statutes require that the Clerk’s
office record deeds, mortgages, and liens; file maps, financing statements,
and military discharges; process pistol permits and passports; qualify notary
public appointments in the County; file oaths of office of County officials
and employees; and act as the agent of the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles
to issue motor vehicle registrations and licenses. For access to NY State
Department of Motor Vehicle forms, click
here. Files kept by the office are permanent and used continually by attorneys
and the public (refer to "What is available to public" section).
LIVINGSTON COUNTY CLERK SERVICES
- All Death Certificates, Birth Certificates & Marriage Certificates are
available in the town or village in which each occurred.
- All Deeds, Mortgages, Judgments & Liens.
- All Civil Actions (Index Only), you can look at the actual file if the
action is not a Divorce or has been Sealed by the Judge. DEFENDANT ONLY.
- All Criminal Actions (Index Only), you can look at the actual file if the
action is not a Sexual Abuse Case, Youthful Offender or has been Sealed by
the Judge. DEFENDANT ONLY.
- Pistol Permits. APPLICANT ONLY.
- Military Discharges.
- Adoptions. BY COURT ORDER ONLY.
- D.B.A.’s & Corporations.
- Census Records - Available from the County Historian
- Naturalization Records - Available from the County Historian
YOUR HOME AND BUSINESS
- Assigns Index Number Required for Judicial Intervention
- Federal and State Tax Liens
- Files Court Proceedings:
- Civil and Criminal Papers
- Divorce, Separation, Article 78
- Judgments and Satisfactions
- Writs of Habeas Corpus
- Passport Applications
- Pistol Permits: Personal, Dealer, Gunsmith
Schedule of Fees
- Assumed Name (DBA)
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificates of Satisfaction
- LLC Designated Newspapers
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Real Estate Transfers
- Survey Maps
- Welfare Liens